Ticket to puzzle competition allows one person to enter the puzzle competition. There is room for 20 teams of 4 to compete putting a 1000 piece puzzle together the fastest for a $500 cash prize. There will be prizes for 2nd and 3rd places also. The competition will be held on Saturday, January 31, 2015 at 10:00am in Redwood City, CA.
Here's the detailed info for this competition:
SCHEDULE FOR THE DAY:
9:00 - Competition check-in
10:00 - Start of Puzzle Competition
11:30 – Wooden Puzzle cutting demonstrations through at least 2pm.
3:00 – Close of Competition
1. Teams of 4 will be competing to put a 1000 piece rectangular puzzle together.
2. If you have signed up as an individual, you will be put on a team with others who have signed up individually.
3. All teams will have the same puzzle.
4. All puzzles will be wrapped so that no one can see the picture before the start time.
5. You will have the box and picture during the competition.
6. The start time will be at 10:00am at the ring of the bell.
7. No substitutions. (If you need to stop for some reason such as going to the bathroom, no one else can temporarily take your place.)
8. Each team will have either an 4’, 6' or 8' table. Not all of the tables are exactly the same, so you will get to choose your table on a first come, first serve basis.
9. The first team to complete the puzzle will be the Grand Prize Winners.
10. The second and third teams to complete the puzzle will win second and third place prizes.
11. You may have food and drink at your table if you so choose.
12. You may bring in your own food or drinks. Coffee and tea will be available. We will have food available for purchase from a local caterer. There will be yogurts, fruit salad, pasta salad and Chicken Caesar salad. There is nothing close by from which to purchase something to eat so you will want to come prepared. We do have microwaves and refrigerators available.
13. You may bring in any other props (excluding your own table) that you would like to use to help you put the puzzle together.
14. If you have signed up as a team of 4, we will not provide you with a team member if any of your team members do not show up. You will have until the start of the competition to find a replacement.
15. Many of you have pre-purchased sets of risers (piping that raises the table to counter height) for your table. We will have more available that day for $20 on a first come, first serve basis at any time during the competition should you decide that you'd rather stand to work on the puzzle.
16. The competition will not be stopped for lunch so it will be your responsibility to manage your well-being.
1. Please check in at 9:00am and be ready to start by 9:45am.
2. The actual contest will be held in the KAINOS building at 2761 Fair Oaks Ave.. in Redwood City (Door C). Free parking is available in our lot next to our building.
3. We suggest that you take care of your physical needs before 9:45am.
4. Prizes will be awarded as soon as 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places have been determined. It is estimated that this will take about 2-3 hours. The fastest team will probably take about 2.5-3 hours to complete the puzzle.
5. If you are not one of the top three teams, you are welcome to continue working on the puzzle until you finish or until 3:00pm, whichever comes first.
6. Each team will get to keep the puzzle.
7. There will be a selection of puzzles and games for sale.
8. Each participant will receive a free puzzle.